Sunday, December 28, 2008

Chloe meets the Tug It toy...


Chloe has never been a tugger. I got the Tug It from Clean Run awhile ago....thinking it would be good to build more tug drive in Breeze and maybe build a little toy drive with Chloe-because it would make some of the contact work I would like to do with her much easier to do. I was lazy and hadnt tried it out until I went to the Elicia Calhoun seminar and she did mention this little toy and said she origionally thought it was a bit silly, but in her travels across the country she has seen it do amazing things for dogs with no drive or building drive in dogs with low tug desire. I put Liverworst in it, and it is a mesh so the food oozes into the dogs mouth when they bite on it, each time they bite they are getting a little reward. It comes in two different sizes of mesh for beginners and for dogs that have got the idea and are ready for more of a challenge. So I brought this out and at first Chloe just licked the bag for a few minuetes, even when I was sort of moving it away from her and trying to make it look more interesting, then all of a sudden it all kicked in and she was on the job. Pretty cool toy, worth ordering and trying out if you want to get a little more toy drive out of your dog. The video is not very exciting but I told someone I would post how the toy worked for Chloe.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Looks like it worked great. That's exciting. Diana

Ella Sumrie said...

Hiya, when I first showed this to my food dog, he instantly tugged and was fab! When shown again all I get is licking. Help?