Wednesday, December 22, 2010

YIKES-rainy Southern California!

Today is supposed to be the heaviest rain so far and the ground is really saturated. The water is getting close to the back door, so I got the sand bags ready...but so far so good... we lost power several times yesterday and it was COLD. The streets around town have rivers running through them-the desert is really not set up to handle rain.

Cricket has a LOT of unspent energy! We are doing some contact work in the living room, it is going fantastic and I think I will pull in a jump and do some one jump work today.

Here is a snip of video of the backyard where the dogs go potty and the big yard beyond.

14 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, that's a lot of water. It would probably equate to four feet here.

Chris and Ricky said...

I knew you guys were getting lots of rain but that is ridiculous!! It has to stop some time.....

Morganne said...

Send some of that to Denver. It's been so dry here. At least the mountains are getting snow.

I've never seen so much water!

Diana said...

It sounds really bad. I hope you guys are staying safe! Diana

LauraK said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on our trial videos- you're too nice :)

That rain is CRAZY! I'm sure it's driving your pups nuts that they can't go outside and play! Hopefully it clears up soon and you can get back to playing agility :)

AC said...

Oh my! You really may need those sandbags! I'm lucky to live on top of a hill, so all this water just flows downstream. It's still pouring here, but the sun is also out, painting an amazing rainbow!

Sagira said...

WOW...that is a lot of rain! Do you have a boat ready?

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

LOL, my mom suggested we start the dogs dock diving! Luckily I think there is supposed to be a break in the rain for a few days, otherwise we might have to do that, LOL!

Sam said...

That's terrible! How long will it take for that all to disappear? I hope you have some hot days in the near future to dry all of that crap up!

kiwichick said...

Yikes Kathy. I will stick to snow :-)

Unknown said...

Oh dear, that's lots of water!

We are having lots of rain lately but it looks slightly better compared to yours!

HOpe you're all safe!!!

Marie said...

Oh my goodness. My brother lives in Orange Co. and he's been complaining of the rain, but your video is just crazy! We got over a foot of snow yesterday here. Crazy weather!

Jules said...

Yikes, I hope it stops raining soon. Weather has been so wacky!

Anonymous said...

OMG! isn't it nice out right now? you have an awesome backyard. Can we come over and play? are you going to be at Walnut the end of this month?