Saturday, April 3, 2010

ALMOST twins!

Twin B Cricket




Twin A Lizzie-

The only reason this is funny is that I think Lizzie and Cricket look as different as night and day. One is obviously a baby, and one a full grown dog, one is black and white with a lot of black on her face, one is red/white with a ton of white and a split face, one has shorter straight hair and Lizzie looks like she got a perm.

I have taken both girls out at least two times a day to a public place lately, Liz because she is working on just staying calm and loose leash walking and reducing her stress/excitement level out in public, and Cricket because she seems to be going through a little fear period-not with people but with some places so I am getting her out with no pressure and just letting her say HI to lots of people because that keeps her happy and relaxed.

Well, it has happened soooo many times in the past few days....I stop and talk with a lot of people and the dogs do their tricks, Cricket jumps all over everyone...you get the picture. I take the dogs in one at a time..take one to the car and switch dogs then go back in and work again with the opposite dog. Well, inevitably people come up to talk to me again a second time, talk to the dog (which by now is the other dog from the one they have already met...), eventually about half of them get a little bit of a puzzled look and say this is the same dog isn't it? LOL.

I am sure I would do the same thing if I was in their place, but it just reminds me of that experiment they do where they set up a "crime" and then ask people what they saw and they usually are pretty inaccurate, and it is so funny because it has happened so many times the past few days.

8 comments:

Sam said...

That's too funny! I think I'd be able to tell them apart just fine. It's the people with breeds that are all one color or pattern (like a herd of Bearded Collies, for example) that always stump me!

I never noticed, but is Liz's hair curly? I don't think I've ever seen texture like that on a BC!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Yep, Lizzie really does look like she has a perm, it is VERY curly. I had not seen a curly BC before I got her, but apparently there is one line out of the midwest that is curly, not sure if she is from that line, but she is VERY CURLY.

Sam said...

That's too funny! It makes her all the more unique. And, based on your posts about her, she sure is a one-of-a-kind girl (in a good way!)

Thank you so much for your comment about my trial. While at the trial, I basically couldn't even believe that we Q'ed but now that I'm home and re-watching the video 10 million times, I keep choking up! I can't believe Marge has come this far in a year, both in her agility and behavior training. I am so happy that I was able to open up a whole new world for her and that's the most important thing about it all!

I always look forward to hearing what you have to say about my training adventures. You always give me such a wealth of information! When I was on my way home from the trial I was thinking about how I couldn't wait to share the news with you. You were one of my first agility friends in the blog world and I can't thank you enough for all of the tips you've given me!

AC said...

That is funny. For some reason, that reminds me of the movie Amelie. I don't know if you've seen it, but at one point Amelie gets back at someone in the movie by rearranging small things in his house-reversing doorknobs and the like. Just small enough to make the man think he's going crazy. I can see the people you met really scratching their heads, not sure if the dog had changed or if they were going crazy.

Diana said...

LoL, thats so funny. I could see if your border collies were all black and white and all long hair but really. They look completely different. LOL. Diana

Sara said...

LOL! Were they color blind?

I was at the vet the other day, and one woman kept trying to convince ME that Oreo HAD to be a girl because his nose was so long. She kept going on and on about how girls' noses are longer than boys' noses, etc., etc. I kept saying, "No, he's a boy. No, he's a boy." I refused to show her his parts though!

Chris and Ricky said...

Cricket and Lizzie twins - LOL! Great story - must be a lot of very confused people out there!

Thanks for telling me Breeze fell off the DW a lot and was mostly just sore. You didn't worry me more with the torn acl - we've already thought all the worst thoughts - and we're just trying to stay calm and hopeful.

Cynthia Blue said...

well... their structure is similar, even tho their markings are totally different.

My husband likes to say "they are exactly the same, except for being totally different." LOL