Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our awesome gift!

Our new awesome gift we received! The PERFECT dog bowl!



I tried to have my dogs do a stay, and Crickets stay is super awesome when she is by herself, but bring out a camera and the other dogs.....not so hot! Liz would like to avoid this situation, she wants to be anywhere but here.


Cricket couldn't stand it anymore, here she comes!


Breeze looks like she is thinking "gosh, with this kid this is going to take forever", and Liz looks like she wants to yell at Cricket, "WHY, can't she hold still?"



I would do a wordless Wednesday picture, LOL, but I always have too many words, LOL. I hated leaving my blog with the depressing messages to sit there but...we have not done anything much worth talking about. We had our last two classes, in the gale force winds, and Lizzie did fine, but of course Breeze is still on the injured list. Breeze goes back tomorrow to see how her leg is doing, but it seems a lot less swollen and less painful, so that is all good.

We got a new giftie from my friend Denise. These are sooo cool. She had one of these thermas things for her dog bowl last summer and they are terrific-DARE I say the PERFECT dog bowl, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to find thermas coolers this size. It holds one gallon so it is not too heavy, plenty of water,it is the perfect dog for taking to trials or class- not too deep and plenty wide for the doggies head to go inside, it never leaks-just pop the lid back on and you are ready to go and of course it has a handle too, it is PERFECT. We both looked at every little store and scoured the aisles of all the stores to see if they had this particular size...but no luck. I have not been looking lately...but Denise, boy, she is determined and she found some at the Bass Pro Outlet, so she and Kodi got my girls one!!!! YIPPIE and thanks so much Denise. I proudly used it for class the last two days, and it worked awesomely, if that is a word.

11 comments:

Diana said...

I have one of those too. I have no idea were I got it. LoL Diana

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

Well, don't lose yours Diana they are super hard to find!!! Apparently not a popular size thermas for the general public?

Morganne said...

I love those things. I have like.. four of them. And yes, they are hard to find.

I can't believe how big Cricket is getting. It just seems like yesterday you brought her home!

Sara said...

That is a cool thermos. Thermos should get on board and market it to dog people....hello, money maker for them.

I'm glad Breeze is looking better. I hope you get good news from the vet.

Love the "stay" photos! Liz & Breeze's expressions are priceless.

Chris and Ricky said...

I have seen people with those thermos and wondered where they get them. Glad you got one because they do look perfect for dog water bowls!

Loved your not-so-wordless wordless Wednesday photos! LOL!

Glad to hear Breeze is better and hope you get a good report from the vet!

Jules said...

I have never been able to find one of those and I've looked. What a good firend you have. I am going to have to check out the Bass pro Shop near us.

Sam said...

This reminds me of the time at an agility trial when all I had for Marge to drink was out of a big cold thermos. I had her bowl and stuff in the car but I was too lazy to go get it. So, she got to drink from the thermos, and there went the humans' water supply.. LOL

That is a nifty little thing you got! A good gift idea, too!

Natasha said...

I have a thermos almost exactly like that (same colour too!), just a bit taller. We always bring it to trials, it's super handy!

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

So that's where people get them! I always see them at trials and shows, but nobody can remember where they got theirs. Now I have a place to look, thank you!!

AC said...

That is a perfect dog bowl! Kona can drink as much as me, and I brink like a camel. I may have to hunt one of those down.

Here's to continued healing for Miss Breeze...

Cynthia Blue said...

Those are neat, I've seen some people around here with them. I still can't decide if I want one or not. I should take some pics of the water bowl I have that I love!