Monday, October 12, 2009

so many things to remember....

I lucked out and got Skyler an appointment at the vet at 8am this morning. Poor guy his body temp was very low, almost at the danger point...and the vet was concerned that this all seems to have come on so suddenly and his thyroid levels were so low...so I popped his first thyroid pill while we were still in the office and they said to expect to start to see changes in about a week ;-).

So now the problem is that he is supposed to get his pill an hour before a meal or three hours after, and he gets them twice a day. Not to be funny but something has happened to my mind and I used to remember everything and be very regimented...but lately I sometimes forget the dogs meals until they are really late in the day or evening occasionally....so now I have to remember to get those meals on time and the pills timed with the meals, wow, that is asking a lot of me lately, hahahahaha. I suppose that will make the puppies happy that I have to be a little more careful about the meals being more on a schedule...ooooh the pressure!

3 comments:

Diana said...

I cant believe your dogs would let you forget their meals. My dogs start sitting around me staring at me unitl I get up a feed them. I hope Skyler starts feeling better soon. Diana

Sam said...

I, too, can't believe your dogs let you off the hook that easily when it comes to food! Marge was begging for two hours before feeding time for her meal today.

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

I know, it is terrible, I get busy in the morning and they always eat but sometimes it is say sometime between 7am and 11am, I used to be so good, but.....my poor puppies...they say it is time the truth was known, they have to put up with a lot sometimes ;-)!